Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Three Year Old Entertainment

Desert anyone? Now that dinner was over and the ice cream thawed, it was time to enjoy a family time treat. Of course, only those who finish dinner may participate. After Laura had completed plate inspections she went to fill the bowls; but where in the world was Daniel? After calling him a few times he came running out of his bedroom “I here mom!” “Good” she answered, “but where’s your dinner?” “din a gone! I eat icekeem now?” Laura responded with the logical query, “where is your plate?” to which Daniel insistently shrugged his shoulders, threw up his hands and countered, “a- gone!” “Show me where” Laura wisely requested. To which Daniel lead her into the laundry junk yard, that the boys appropriately call their bed room, where she started her search. After several minutes of tossing pillows and crunching plastic tires with her bare feet, she look ed at Daniel again and said “where is your plate?” to which he emphatically answered, “I say A- GONE! Mommy!” With her tenacious personality in high gear Laura would not be fooled (and she never has been). Eventually, worried for her saftey, I entered the room to rescue her. There under the bunk bed I saw two bare mommy feet sticking out. “I found it!” came the triumphant cry, "can you help me?" I grabbed her feet and pulled her to saftey. There in the back reaches of the darkest corner in the house, under the bunk bed, back against the wall in the northeast corner of the room was the dinner plate full of mashed potatoes, cream corn and a full chickened drumstick. Who needs cable with a three year old running wild in the house?

NEWS: Adam tried out and made the “RAD”(Rees African Drums) team at school, this is the performing drum team at Rees Elementary; Hyrum has been elected to student council; David just lost his second tooth and Daniel found two new ways to plug the toilet.

5 comments:

cskelton said...

I love it Andy. It'll be fun to read more of the goings on of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Daniel is awesome. It is amazing he put so much thought into where to hide his din-a.

Marné said...

Haha love, love! I can't believe they're growing up SO fast! I'm gonna miss them so much

Bryan said...

Kids can always make us smile

Danelle and Alex said...

Oh that is so funny! I cant believe that in less that three years we will be playing those games!